Revolutionary Technology. Legendary
Laser Engraving, Cutting and Marking
Laser Materials - What Works with a Laser?
Epilog's CO2 laser engraving systems can engrave, cut, or mark many materials, all with one laser
system! Take a look below at a few examples. If you have a material that you don't see on the list,
or would like to see a sample engraving or cutting, visit our Applications Lab, or e-mail us at
Below are a few of the many materials that you can work with on your Epilog laser system!
Coated Metals Cloth
Delrin Matte Board
Matte Board Wood Veneer
To receive more information on how you can afford a laser system, fill out our brochure request form and we will
send you information about each of our systems. We will also send you a cd demo of the system in action and
samples created with the laser systems!
Unique Features to the Epilog System Include:
precisely coordinates the firing of the laser beam to the position of the carriage. This ensures that regardless of speed, length of
- HyperDrive advanced motion control software
stroke, or power of laser the resulting spot is precisely positioned. It also utilizes the technology of DC Servo motors and linear encoders
to move the laser carriage across the engraving area.
the technology choice for virtually all precision industrial motion systems. They provide the advantages of much faster start, stop, and
turnaround speeds than found in the less sophisticated stepper motor systems. Closed loop electronics in conjunction with 1200dpi
linear encoders provide realtime positional feedback and the most precise accuracy available.
you can send the average job at 600dpi (20% more resolution than some machines) and engrave it faster than other machines do at
- 1200 DPI Servomotors vs. Steppers
500dpi. Servos have much quicker initial acceleration and achieve top speed quicker than stepper motors. Steppers have to pause at the
end of each line to turn. On small to medium jobs steppers will spend more time stopping and turning than they will actually engraving.
Network Connections are Faster and more reliable
- 10-Base T Ethernet Connection (we also include USB)
- NeverWear bearing system (ground and polished steel) X arm steel bearings are designed to last many years compared to the
plastic consumable bearings that other manufacturers produce that are to be replaced every year or less.
- Kevlar Belts (double wide-"B" style) are used to provide the highest level of positional accuracy and carriage speed. They are
maintenance free and are long term durable. Regularly scheduled replacement is not required.
Epilog's FiberMark and Fusion M2 Fiber
Direct Metal Marking Laser System
Material Marking Capabilities
- Etch stainless steel, aluminum, and many other metals and engineered
- Send your files to the laser from most programs you already use.
- Flying optic design allows for marking over entire 24" x 12" or 32"x20"
- 30% less than a traditional Nd: YAG system
- Mark 2-D data matrix, bar codes, serial numbers, logos, and text directly to
- EZLoad front door panel allows you to insert full tables of parts at once
- Open Architecture for a variety of software options
- Flying Optic Beam Delivery
- Non-Contact Fiber Laser Marking
- LED Cabinet Lighting
- Air Curtain
- Vacuum Hold Down Table
- Stainless Steel
- Anodized Aluminum
- Engineered Plastic
- Bare Metals- Steel, Aluminum, Carbide, Alloys